Rutland Methodist Episcopal Church was originally built in 1898 and destroyed by fire in 1924, to be rebuilt in 1926. Years later a new church was built in 1961 on Williams Street, with The Reverend Dale D. Russell its minister. The history and process of this undertaking is described in depth by Thom Anderson.
Beginning with the origins of the church and tracing its destruction and resurrection it provides a vivid picture of the difficulties encountered and surmounted in the process of rebuilding.
Photographs including those of Charles W. Spencer the Chairman of the building committee; the Consecrations in 1926 and 1961; the new church and Reverend Russell in 1961; the dedication of the Sanctuary in 1978; the burning of the mortgage that year, all add additional interest.